News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 2yr old girl, temp v high when awake, v low when asleep

Worriedmum3331 - Thu May 07, 2009 4:47 am

My Two yr old daughter was admitted to hospital after having feverile convulsions a year ago, scince then she takes a fever at the slightest cough, recently though she started screaming in pain while passing urine, she also has a cough and brings up a greeny orangey colour mucas, her temp has been very high over the past few day's and all she wants to do is sleep.
i was checking on her while she was sleeping and her temp was very low, i have now noticed this happening every time she is asleep.
her temp while awake has reached 107 degrees farenhiet, and while asleep her temp has dropped to 92 degrees farenhiet. She also has been amitted to hospital before for low oxygen levels.

is there any problems you suggest we could test for or is this normal???

thank you!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun May 10, 2009 11:49 pm

User avatar Hello Worriedmum3331,

I would say it is time for your daughter to visit her doctor. Given her symptoms it sounds as if she has an infection. Pain with urination and fever is many times found to be a urine infection. These are often easily treated but can go on to be quite serious if not appropriately diagnosed and treated. There are several other infections (mostly viral) that could also account for these symptoms.

Her doctor can help sort all this out for you.

Best wishes.
 Worriedmum3331 - Mon May 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Firstly Thank you so much for your quick reply, since i last posted a query my family doctor has done a test in my daughters urine, all results have returned clear and no sign of an infection, she is still screamng in pain when she passes urine our doctor has also ruled out in infection in her genitle area!! this is very upsetting to my daughter, we are currently awating blood test results!

many thanks

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here