Question: swelling on Different parts of Body

shoebwk - Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:38 am

I have 7 yr. old male child. since last 2 yrs he gets swelling in most parts of his body and this swelling remains for 1 -2 days and then disappears. this happens atleast once or twice in 3 months. his ear, penis, fingers become thick and bigger in size. Last time 2 months back it happend, his leg also got effected due to which he was strugling to walk. I showed to doctors they doubt about some allergy in food. I have his blood & urine report.

If you can assist me for any type of doctor and what type of sweling it is, then it will be helpful for me to go to the right doctor

FYI i live in bombay, india
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:28 pm

Dear shoebwk,
I'd like to know whether the joints also get swollen, if there is any skin discolouration or erythema, or associated fever?

|