Question: height and growth

chukz - Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:34 pm

Im currently 16 almost 17 and 5'8''
I've been 5'7''- 5'8'' since i was 14 even thou the doctors always said i was gonna be 5'11'' but i stopped seeing any changes in my growth when i turned 15 and im really confused i wonder if its waht i eat or my lifestyle .. is there still any possible way i could get to 5'11''-6' ? and if so what should i change to accomplish this.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:07 pm

Dear chukz,
In an average male, the growth spurt usualy peaks at 13.5 yr at 4.3 in. per year, and then slows to a stop at 18 yr, so you still run a good chance to reach your target height.
Try to involve yourself in a regimen of a healthy balanced diet and sports, that would always help! :)
 chukz - Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:09 pm

thaks Dr you{ve been helpfull also i would like to comment that since i was 15 i stopped eatin well and sleepin as much because of famioly problems but i recently started eatin breakfast which i didnt do b4 and im also trying to get at least 8 hours of sleep...before i barely got 7 or 6.

If i keep doin this do you think i could see faster results_? also I had an accident of near death were i drowned for 5 mins a year and a half ago? could that have affected my growth? well even if it did ive been playing basketball a lot more than b4 for the past month and my resistance has become stronger but i was wondering how many hours of work-outs should i do and if doing weights could affect my height?

thank you so much for the help

sincerely
Carlos Salazar
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:54 pm

Hi Carlos,
I think you're doing great! :D
There are no limits to the hours of workout, just don't violate the " 10% rule", where you shouldn't increase the intensity or duration of workouts more than 10% per week. It's also best to avoid heavy weightlifting at this stage!
Always stick to a healthy balanced diet, with 3 main meals a day, together with 2-3 snacks in between.
Try to use fats, oils and sweets sparingly. Include 6-11 servings of bread, cereals ,rice and pasta, 2-4 servings of fruit, 3-5 servings of vegetables, 2-3 servings of meat, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts, and finally, 2-3 servings of milk & dairy products in your daily diet.
 cherelle2004 - Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:03 pm

Hi, I'm a 17 year old female. I be 18 in feb. Can I still grow? Can I use HGH to grow a few inches? What do you recommed? are there any serious side effects?

Thank you for writing back!
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:24 am

Hi cherelle2004,
HGH should be only prescribed by your doctor after performing some X-rays to see whether your growth plates have closed or not.
 cherelle2004 - Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:27 pm

Hi :
I've been researching some HGH pills b growth, heightmax, & prolex, and I heard good and bad things about them. What do you think? Do you think its a scam?And which HGH will make me grow a few inches?

Thanks Doc! :D
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:30 am

You really must check with an endocrinologist first to check your hormone levels and whether your growth plates have closed or not yet.
You should also know that recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) administration has not been proven to improve final adult height remarkably in those with normal variant short stature and even when used in treatment of those with growth hormone deficiency, therapy has to be started 5 years before onset of puberty.
 drew - Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:20 pm

hi,
my question goes this way...
is hieght max a good growth formula in
the marke and is it a STEROID or does it contain
any substance thats a steroid..???

|