Question: 15 Year Old Boy Circumcision After-Effects Question

Danny53 - Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:17 am

I have today had a circumcision, and i've come home and checked it out and it has been bleeding, it is swollen, parts of it have been "bleeding" pus, and my penis in general has gotten smaller, or so it seems. All in all it looks horrific and i'm terrified, I need to know when it will stop bleeding and swelling, and hurting while i'm walking, and if it will get back to its former size. Please help as I am very scared.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Surgery requires a period of healing and what you are experiencing sounds like it is in the normal range. You do need to be alert for signs of infection, especially if you develop a fever or notice a foul odor with the pus at the site. Some oozing and bleeding is common and usually stops without intervention excepting slight pressure with a clean gauze.

Your size will not be affected. If your penis seems small now it is probably because during recovery it is best not to have any type of erection and your body is taking care of itself until you heal. The only thing removed is foreskin and there is nothing that happens in the circumcision to cause any other disruption to function.

It takes a while for complete healing and all genital stimulation/sexual activity should be avoided for about six weeks.

Best wishes for a full and rapid recovery.

|