Question: HGH question(s) URGENT

Peters - Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:48 pm

+Age: 19
+ 5'6" (167cm)
+146lbs (66 kg)
-
I am going to try L-Arginine to boost the HGH so I can grow. Can facial distortion or mishaped bones /body follow? I have heard that from http://www.shortsupport.org.

I am really unhappy about my height and my hips are rather mishaped (only little, hardly visible) This is very URGENT, please give me some advice and some info about Arginine and whatever else.

//thanks in advance
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:38 pm

Dear Peters,
High dose oral L-arginine has been shown to induce release of growth hormone and a hormone called prolactin, but no studies have been conducted to see whether this could have any meaningful anabolic effect.
Body distortion occurs when high levels of HGH in the blood, whether exogenous or endogenous, act on bone where the growth plate has already closed.
It is important to keep in mind also, that growth hormone is not effective at increasing final adult height if you have no hormonal abnormalities.
You may want to have an X-ray done on your left hand and wrist, to see what chances you have at growing taller.
 Peters - Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:55 pm

is there any chance for me to grow taller (in your professional opinion)?

by the way I am going to take 10 grams a day. is that to little, too much or correct? what dose do you suggest in consideration of my goal?
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:05 am

Dear Peters,
You would still have a chance of growing, only if the growth plates in your bones haven't closed yet.
As for the L-arginine dose, this is usually the average recommended dose.
Again, I would like to remind you, that no studies have been done that have proven any growth-inducing effect of L-arginine administration. It may only increase the HGH level in the blood, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to produce an effect on the bones.
If you decide you wish to try it, make sure you have no contraindications to taking it, and beware of the signs of drug side effects.
 Dean M. Mitchell - Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:25 pm

Dear Peters,

Another useful tip I might add is that to high dosages of arginine can be damaging to the kidneys and other internal organs, in your age if att all you should consume preferbly no more than 10 grams of L- Arginine, if you notice your skin getting abnormally thick you have to cut down the dosage.
 Rudi - Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:01 pm

Dear Peters!

Im wriiting to you cos i believe u can def. grow taller!!! i can promise u will!!!! by atleat 2 inches!!!

Why i say this because without wanting to grow taller at 23! i started lifting weights and i only weigh 71kg and im 171cm tall!! ( i never knew u could grow taller)

Here's my story... i love pushing weights! and i decided to gym and get myself some extra pump to look really good! So i spoke to the guy at the drug store in the Gym supplement section, and he recommended NO (i hear u guys in the states call it this, Nitrox by me) Arginine Alpha Keto-glutarate Tablets with Di-calcium phosphate, i think the DCP is just a binding agent! to make it into a chalk like pill!!

So i took this stuff like the box says... '3.5 grams, 3 times a day, half hour before meals on an empty stomach or before a workout' i didnt even take this when i went to sleep!

GET THIS BRO!!!... i noticed im looking my gym buddies in the eyes almost... and they telling me "dude uv grown taller" 3 cm in one month! if thats not CRAZY then i don't know!!! ive been trying to spread my msg to everyone! thats when i hit the net and searched for "growing taller with Arginine" on google and came across ur Q.

I did hit the gym 5 times a week! ate lots of chicken. lots of Basmati rice! i really ate alot!!! (lots of protein and spinach) stayed away from sugars! took HMB (beta hodroxy and Beta methylbutyrate!!!!) with the Arginine! which u take with your meals!!! i never did streching exercises and i never took this stuff before bed time like all these websites say u must!!!!!

So at your age im sure ull grow atleast 3.0inches with arginine! but remember to eat well, drink lots of water and most of all.... EXCERCISE!!!! cos thats what makes this stuff work!!!!

Get an amino stack and HMB that u can take with Arginine! ive currently started this cycle again (these things can get expensive) and in a week im up by 2mm! not much but my goal is 180cm! it takes time! ( apparently males growth plates close on avrg. 25 years! so i aint got much time left!!

this is no bullsh*t cos ive really taken the time out to write u this!
I hope u find it usefull! actually i know u will!!

Go to the gym, be active, enjoy life, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke! ur amino acids wont work, be serious about it!

Be positive and enjoy the experience! most of all be HAPPY and start smiling cos it will work!!! it worked for me and i hadnt grown for years.. i never knew u could.

Keep well

Rudi van Blerk (South Africa)
 Rudi - Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:08 pm

Oh yea im now 175cm i forgot to tell u! Really happy bout it!

Remember eat healthy and eat abit more!, and excercise as much as you can!

Bye,

Rudi.

|