Question: concered about my health

amandabell88 - Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:34 pm

i am currently 17 years old. last year i was diagnosed with anorexia and depression. i have since gained back all my weight but am still very nervous when it comes to eating. for the past few years i have also have experienced cold hands and feet, a swollen right gland which frequently comes and goes which is always accompined by middle ear pain and headaches. i am always tired and have to absolutely make myself exersize. im very edgy as well. do you think any of these things have a connection with a bigger problem or do you think it is all seperate. i have been to ear nose and throat specialist and they can not see anything wrong with me but i am in pain too often. any ideas? please let me know because i am very concered (and afraid)
Thank You Very Very Much.
 amandabell88 - Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:35 pm

oh and i forgot to add that in the past few months i get very nauseas easily... from smell or just out of the blue for no reason... but never vomit.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:48 am

Hello Amanda,
Can you please describe the ear pain and headaches more? Also what kind of gland are you talking about here?
Is there any emotional or psychological stress that you've been facing lately?
Would appreciate it if you could answer these questions.
 amandabell88 - Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:57 pm

Hello, Thank you for showing concern.

As for my gland- it is on the uper right side of my kneck.

My headaches occur around my temples like sharp pains that come and go.

The ear pain is in my right ear and is also a sharp pain that comes and goes and occurs deep inside my ear (the doctor I saw described it as the "middle ear" behind my ear drum)

My stress level and depression level are high for reasons such as school and friends, but no one particual reason.

Thank You Again, Hope this information helps.

:D
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:36 pm

Dearest Amanda,
I believe all your problems stem from the state of depression you're in. This is known as 'psychosomatic' manifestations, where your body starts to show symptoms that are unrelated to any disease.
Tell me, how are things with your family? Do you have any brothers or sisters your age you can talk to?
The gland you were describing is called a 'lymph node', and that can swell with any infection of the mouth, throat, nose, ear or even skin. It helps in the body's fight against infection.
 amandabell88 - Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:56 pm

Thanks Dr,

Yes, it could very well be true that it can all be in my head. The only thing with my throat and ear that may be different is that when I am skiing (because I am a ski racer but quit in the middle of the season doing it competitvley)it would hurt more.

Any thing else?

Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:02 am

Dear Amanda,
Do you feel any tingling or numbness in any part of your face?
It could be some inflammation of the nerves to your face, that become worse with a cold air draught. Try some vitamin B complex, it could help. :)

|