Question: baby???

kaycee - Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:49 pm

Hello i am just wandering if i may be having a baby. I am 2 weeks late but I have taken 2 tests resulting in negative. Im hvaing no cramps. I have not been to a doctor yet.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 pm

User avatar Home pregnancy urine tests measure hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) which is secreted by the fertilized egg when it implants into the lining of the uterus and starts forming its placenta. The hormone hCG will start getting into your bloodstream in about 1 week after fertilization and will double about every two days. The sensitivity levels will very depending upon the maker of the pregnancy test so the best time to test is about 1 week past the day the menstruation was expected. I know it’s hard to wait but the only 100% positive answer to the question “Am I pregnant” is time.

2 weeks late would be long enough to pick up the hCG if it were present but I wouldn't take the liberty to say you definately were not because the test said negative. If you miss another menstruation contact your Physician.

|