News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: delayed pubertal development?

 hsoj - Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:32 pm

I am 21 years old so I know I don't need a pediatrician but I still need some advice. I am very short and although this is common, I am concerned with my lack of body hair. I have an average amount of pubic and facial hair, but almost no hair under my arm pits. Isn't this something that should cause concern? I am very self conscious especially when put in situations where I don't wear a shirt. Do I have some sort of a hormonal imbalance?
 hsoj - Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:00 pm

Also, I haven't seen a doctor in years so I'm wondering if I should go to a regular family physician or an endocrinologist, etc? Please help.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:22 pm

Hi hsoj,
It's probably nothing, but I think it would be best if you could consult an endocrinologist in order to have a better look at you and examine you as needed.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.