News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 10 year old boy still poops his pants

merzimmer - Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:46 pm

My 10 year old son still poops his pants. He was fully potty trained at almost 3 years old and at the end of his preschool year (almost 5 years old) he started pooping his pants. It has a very bad odor and it is tarry. He continues to do it no matter what we do. He have tried everything. I have talked to his pediatrician about it at every checkup and she pushes it to the side and won't discuss it. I feel bad for him because he is going into the 4th grade and kids are going to start making fun of him. That is the last thing he needs. He has been diagnosed with severe anxiety and ADD. He has a very hard time in school and this makes it worse. I am at a loss, I want to get this taken care of but I don't know what else to do! Any help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:29 pm

User avatar Hello,
Your son may benefit from behavioral therapy through a mental health center. I would definitely pursue this avenue. See if your pediatrician has a recommendation or go through a mental health agency, children's hospital or NAMI to find a referral. This often has emotional roots and with his ADD and anxiety, there could be a connection.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here