News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 20 month old has Red Spots on Face

deelynn2002 - Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:47 pm

This weekend my baby developed a sort of rash. Just a bunch of red spots on his face and neck. They are not raised and do not seem to itch or bother him at all. We were camping so we were outside all weekend and in the sun. Some family members said maybe a heat rash??? I was just wondering what it could be or what it could be caused from and if I should be treating it with anything.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:10 pm

User avatar Hello,
Children often develop rashes - sometimes from viral infection, exposure to sun, plants, chemicals or sun as in "heat rash." Usually there is nothing to worry about if they are not itchy and bothering the child.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here