Question: toddler with low weight

mommyof3 - Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:18 pm

My 20 month old daughter weighs only nineteen pounds. I am in the process of weaning her from nursing but she has always eaten well. She is not short. The doctor said that she is in the 50% for height and 10%for weight. She has a lot of energy and is running and talking. The problem is that everyone seems to think something is wrong with her. I see other kids her age and they are a lot bigger than her. Should I worry?
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:55 am

Dear mommyof3,
You needn't worry at all. So long as she is not dropping below the 10th percentile, is in good health, active and not stunted, then it's just her constitution. :)

|