Question: red bubble on son's ear

jessica7777777 - Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 pm

My son is four years old and has a little red bubble on his ear lobe. Its been there for a couple of weeks. Lately it has become larger and redder and looks as if there is liquid inside. I was thinking it might of been a pimple but it no longer looks like a pimple but more like somthing Ive never seen. He has no insurance so I don’t want to take him to the doctors if it is not a big deal. He just recently complained about it hurting. Is there any advise you can give as to what it is and how I should treat the situation? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:16 am

User avatar Hello,What your child has developed is possibly a small folliculitis caused by staph.This is quite common and should respond to antibiotic creme application.Small cyst is another possiblity.These sebaceous cysts can get infected too and cause pain and swelling.If this persists do get your pediatician's opinion.

|