Question: 15 month old foot turned outward and walking with limp

poof_87 - Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:46 pm

My 15 month old daughter is walking with a limp and her foot is turned outward. Took her to the er and they said it was a sprain. The next day i took her to her doctor and they said its not a sprain but they did not know what it was. They was just have to watch it and for me to monitor her sleep and fevers. They did xray nothing is broke..What else should i do or look for please help me..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Having ruled out a broken bone, it is best to just watch and see if it resolves on its own (probably will). There may have been some soft tissue injury but since they have checked it out, the best thing is watchful waiting but try not to worry too much. Children will do what they feel up to and will let you know if there is pain. The gait of a child this age still may not be what you will see later on. The bones still rotate a bit for several years of the child's life. Usually it gets straighter as time goes on.

|