News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: my children ate food cooked over fire w/ Starter Loggs

courtmegkate - Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:01 am

We started a fire in our fire pit, using 1 Starter Logg and fire wood. We cooked hot dogs and roasted marshmallows over the fire. Right after we were done, I started thinking about the Starter Loggs. I went to the garage and read the box. It said not to cook food over a fire that was started with a Starter Logg. It mentioned cancer, birth defects, etc.. So, now I'm freaking out. Should I be concerned? Is there anything that I need to do? Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 pm

User avatar Hello,
Try not to worry. Most of these effects come after much use of a product; not a single event and then it is not what you would call common. I'm sure it is because of some chemicals contained which could be released and absorbed in the food but it is unlikely it would be toxic from this one time use. There is nothing to be done at this point anyway but avoid it in the future.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here