News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: My 1yearOld Baby Girl having continue Loose motions

adilkhan - Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:35 am

Dear Doctor,

My 1 year old Baby girl having continue loose motions since 10 days. she is not taking proper diet and drink water as well. i visited concerned doctor 6 days ago but couldn't find any relief. please advise some fruitful tips.

I will be grateful to you.
Regards,
Father
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm

User avatar Hello,
You mostly need to be sure the baby is getting enough liquid to prevent dehydration. The loose stools could be caused by a virus, or some other offender. In most cases the body will recover as long as she is not dehydrated. If you cannot get her to drink, take her back to the doctor. They may need to examine the stool for exposure to parasites or other infection.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here