News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 2 year old has pimple limke rash on lower legs

mmmm7200 - Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:54 am

My 2 year old has an odd rash. It is on both of his feet and his lower legs. It looks like small skin colored pimples. It does not seem to bother him, but he has had it for 3-4 weeks. He has been very healthy the last few months with the exception of two fevers this summer. They both lasted @ 24 hours and were about a month apart. He had no other symptoms with the fevers. No one else in the family has a rash. I was not too worried about it because it has not seemed to hurt or itch. However, it has been almost a month since it appeared and does not show any signs of clearing up. My husband and I are starting to worry about it some.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:17 pm

User avatar Hello,Granuloma annulare is a condition that is common in children.Flesh couloured nonitchy papules of extremities is one of the presentations.Papular urticarias caused by bites of insects could look similar but tend to itch.
This is a selflimiting condition.Local application of hydrocortisone is one of the treatments.
Cause is unknown.Generally tends to settle with out treatment.Do consult your doctor and get this confirmed.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here