Question: Chicken poxs

sweetmom0483 - Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:01 pm

My son has these red spots that had appeared last night and then they went away. When I gave him a bath today he had about 10 of them spread out threw out his back. They are just red and then when he was cold they started to fade, but they had a dot of red left after it was faded. Then a couple of hours later 2 more popped back up. I called the doctor and they said they don't know what it is that it doesn't sound like chicken poxs. He just had his chicken poxs shots 3 wks ago. He has had a fever the last 2 days and a loss of apatite.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun May 01, 2005 7:34 am

User avatar Hi sweetmom0483,
Chicken Pox usually presents with itchy red spots that fill with fluid, form blisters, rupture and then turn crusty in appearance. If this is not occurred then I would find it unlikely to be the cause. For example, there is a rash, roseola, caused by a virus, that usually affects children between the ages of 6 months and 3 years, that begins with a high fever, lasting about 3 days and upon subsidence a red rash appears on the neck and or trunk lasting a few hours up to 2-3 days. Of course whether or not this is the cause it would still warrant an evaluation by the physician.

|