News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Need advice

Scooby - Sun May 15, 2005 9:09 pm

My 13 year old daughter has been having dizzy spells, and headaches for quite some time and no one can seem to find out what the problem is. Today topped them all when she not only had one of her horrible headaches, along with a fever, but her right hand and lower arm went numb!! I rushed her to the ER where they did blood work, urinealysis, and a catscan all which came back normal. They did give her Motrin while we were there, which took her fever down and the headache away, however her hand and lower arm continued to go numb. She was sent home, and the numbness is continuing about every 1/2 hour. Her left leg also has done it once to her. Her cheeks get EXTREMLY flushed when a head ache comes on.
I am at wits end, and any advice would be wonderful. I am following up with her peds tomorrow, but in the mean time I am pulling my hair out with worry!!!!
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Mon May 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Worrying won't help much, so you need to calm down.
I'll keep my opinion till her peds doctor sees her tomorrow. Then we can discuss whatever he/she suggests this might be after examining her.
Kindly don't forget to mention any family history of migraine or epilepsy.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here