Question: Marijuana

HitchedHolly - Thu May 19, 2005 2:36 pm

Hello! Your help would be GREATLY appreciated at this time. I'm in an argument with my husband for the following reasons:

He has quit smoking cigarettes for 7 months now (amazing!) HOWEVER, he smokes a joint 3 times a week. He doesn't drink, or smoke any other drug. Is this harmful to his health? He does not add tobacco to his joint.

#2) Yesterday, our 6 month old daughter started crying in her sleep. My husband (after smoking a joint) went in her room to see her. He smelt like pot (on his breath and clothes) is this dangerous to her? He doesn't think so because there is no second-hand smoke and it is simply 'an odor' he says. Can the odor harm her?

Thank you!!!
Holly
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri May 20, 2005 5:45 am

Marijuana affects memory, judgment and perception.
Findings so far show that regular use of marijuana or THC may play a role in some kinds of cancer and in problems with the respiratory and immune systems.
As for the odour, there is no evidence that it can be harmful to a child, but if your husband insists on continuing smoking a joint, it should be outside the house, as any smoke would be harmful to her, and is believed to precipitate chest wheezes and may be even asthma in children.

|