Question: chest discomfort 14 yearsold

BigMatt - Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:18 am

Hello, My name is Matt. Im 14 yearsold (15 in august). Im 285 pounds 6 foot 1.

A little over a month ago I started developing slight pains all over my body.
On my Right and left side, my right and left chest side, right above my belly button, also bellow it. I went to my doctor and he said that I might have pleurisy. The only problem is, I Rarely have pains when I take in deep breathes. I took an xray 2 weeks ago it was perfect. I went to the emergency room yesterday because I got sick of feeling the pain and it became very discomforting prior to that night. I Have a slight pain right now under my right breast a bit towards my side. I had a fever and Running nose when I visited my doctor but I took allegra and the running nose went away. The fever wasnt even that high 1 deg. off normal temp (99f I think). Also I sometimes get numbness in a few of my fingers and my wrist. I havent really been out a lot for this past month. I feel like crap during the day Im tired but I cant sleep due to a rash I have that itch's me when I try to sleep (wich Is the only time it bothers me). Also im not sure if this would help, I smoked marijuana everyday for 2 weeks prior to this discomfortness. Im not sure if it could be from that since I asked a lot of my friends that do it almost everyday, they said they never had a problem like this. I also have asthma, I used to smoke ciggerets a pack a day for 2 years but since this happend im afraid to start smoking again and I also have a bit more energy since I stoped. These pains are out of the blue, they come on randomly but sometimes at night when I lay on my side I hear a sound like boiling water as it bubbles and is ready to overflow and spill out of the pot. As for the rash they are sort of like little red pimples/dots that have a yellowish/greenish tip. They only itch during the night mostly rarely do they itch during the day. The rash is on both arms, back, chest and legs. If there are any test I should run or anything I should talk to my doctor about I have an appointment with him on monday. Thank you for your time and help.

Matt
 BigMatt - Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:19 am

I also have High insaline, wich is the opposite of a diabetic. I produce what a diabetic needs, I was told if i keep eating to much and or drinking to much soda juice etc ... I would become diabetic.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:30 am

Hello Matt,
Well what did the doctor have to say?
And can you please tell us more about the pain, especially its character? Is it burning pain, stitching pain, throbbing, dull aching or what?
Does it start in one area and then spread to other areas? Is it disabling or just annoying?
Has the rash been evaluated?
 BigMatt - Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:44 am

Ok the pain will start out anywhere it wants usually the right side of my chest or left, under my left or right breast, above my belly button, and right bellow, also it comes to my sides about 4-6 inch's under each armpit...

I do get burning feelings, but their only when the pain is in my right/left side of my chest, usually the burning is right where my heart is. As for the rest of the pains, its a sharp pain very rarely does it hurt when I breathe in... my doc said it could be pnemonia but Im not coughing at all, but the doctor gave my antibiots (Zithromax) when I started feeling Really tired wich was when this stuff first started.. Im guessing he was afraid it was walking pnemonia, at first I thought it was pleurisy because when I lay on my side I hear sounds like gergling at times... burping seems to help some, but Im still getting pain... I might have acid reflex or a disgestive problem, but I know there is something else wrong because the pain is so bad, especially if i bend or twist my torso

The rash is from either high insaline, eczama, or allergies... I go to a skin doctor next week.

I went to the cardiologist yesterday and I got a sonigram but they called it something else since it was for the heart.... I got another EKG and blood test... the ekg and sonigram were normal... the cardiologist said it could be a inflamation because when she pressed down in the center of my chest it hurt really bad, the sonigram also hurt really bad.

They are not sure as to what it is but the cardiologist said its not my heart....

Thanks for your time

Matt.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:05 am

Hi Matt,
Sounds like some inflammation of the muscles, known as 'myositis'. Could be viral, but can be also caused by other micro-organisms.
The rash could even be related, if my assumption is correct.
Please discuss this with your doctor.

|