News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Blood in Stool

Tinak1978 - Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:12 pm

My eight year old has IBS. I have know this since she was 3. Yesterday she had a bright red stool, and red cloudy water. I thought this was due to her eating watermelon. However it has been over 24 hours since she has had any watermelon to eat and she has worse red stool and cloudy red water. It is bright red. Could this still be from the watermelon or is there something more important behind this?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:46 am

User avatar Hi Tinak1978,
Although certain foods can change the appearance of bowel movements, in my opinion I do not think this is the case here and would consider another possibility. I would encourage you to contact her physician for an evaluation.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Tinak1978 - Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:01 am

Thank you, I have set up her appointment.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here