Question: 2 Month Old with Parietal Skull Fracture

ashle319 - Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:11 pm

I put my son down for a nap and 2 hours later he had a huge knot on the top left of his head. I immediatley got him up, gave him a bottle, and took him to the emergency room. Turns out he has a fractured skull! The doctors are really trying to make it out to be child abuse but as God is my witness, I would NEVER hurt my son. They refuse to even try to look into it further, even after I told them he has had injury to his head. When he was born the doctor had to use the vacuum thing and when that didn't work, he used forceps. A great deal of force was applied because the umbilical cord was around his neck and he was face up. I suffered major wounds and had to have 60 to 80 stitches...it was a 4th degree tear. The baby was born with a high fever and had to be in intensive care overnight. Other than that, 3 weeks ago my husband was playing with the baby on the coffee table and looked away for a second and my son stiffed up his legs in front of him and went right back on the table and hit the top left of his head. There was some swelling afterward but swelling was gone by the next day. I am my sons primary care giver. I stay at home with him 24 hours a day and I KNOW nothing else has happened to him so this fracture has to be associated with birth or the coffee table incident or both. But the doctors insist this happened within the last 24 to 48 hours. All i can figure is that it was possibly aggravated within that time, but I know it definetly did not happen that recently. They insist it is child abuse and have made my husband and I sign over custody to the baby's grandparents pending investigation by the State. I swear I have not hurt my child and I have to figure out what is going on so that I can get my son back. Also, aside from that reason, I, as a good mother, need to know what really is going on. I know I have never hurt him but without any type of medical personnel even attempting to help me figure this out, I fear I will lose my son for good. Please help me. I need to know the possiblity of this happening at birth, how long it takes to heal, if it could have been re injured with the coffee table or if the coffee table is what did it by itself, and how it looks now like it happened within 24 to 48 hours. If you can't help me, please find someone who can. I am getting no where alone. Thank you!
 nicholeharmon20 - Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:01 pm

i know how you feel. even tho it has not happened to me.
i have got to be on your side everytime you turn around they are trying to get the good parents for child abuse and we don't even do nothing to hurt our childern .
so i am with you . this country is over protected for children they don even get the ones that do abuse there childen. and the good parents like us we get our children taken away from us. and not even doing anything to harm our children. well like i said before i am on ur side. if you ever need anyone to talk to you can im me at lil_miss_shay0503@yahoo.com or email me at shayandmatt0503@bellsouth.net

|