Question: bugs in my Daughter hair that bite

Alice1366 - Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:26 am

[color=green]She has been saying she is being bit on the head I look And find nothing but tonight I saw bugs not lice but bigger. What is it[color=yellow][/color][/color]
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:11 am

User avatar Hi Alice1366,
Are they the same grey color as lice? If not what color are they? How much larger than lice are they?
 littlec - Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:03 pm

Did anyone ever find out what kind of bug this was? My daughter has something similiar. They're long and brown with feet towards the front. Does ANYONE know what this is or how to get rid of them?!!
 jsam26 - Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:51 pm

Well my daughter Janyce had the same thing.I forgot what they are called but the only way I could get rid of them was the doctor had to give me a special cream. So take her to the doctor, lice shampoo will not kill them.
 littlec - Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:39 pm

I used the CVS brand lice shampoo as a precaution and picked the bugs out with the comb. I haven't seen any since and am keeping my fingers crossed. Still don't know if they were lice or not.
 littlec - Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:27 am

Finally took her to the doctor. It IS lice. Apparently there is more than one type of lice. These don't lay white eggs like common lice. They're brown/black instead. Thankfully they now have a medicine that kills not only the lice but the eggs too!!!! No more waiting 7-10 days to use the shampoo again. It's called Ovide. It's quite expensive (we paid $50 for 2 ounces!!!) but it's enough for the whole family, just in case. It'll be WELL worth it if it works!!!

|