News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: colic 4month ol and a hyper 4 year old

nicholeharmon20 - Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:07 pm

i was wondering when will colic end cause my 4 month old son has had colic since he was born. its not an everyday thing it comes and goes. he gets gas alot .

and another ? my 4 year old is so hyper i can barley controal him
and he just bouces off the wall and nothing works as disapline and i was wondering if i could have some tip on how to make it better he will not sit down to lear his abc or his 123.thanks any advice would be great
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:47 am

Dear nicholeharmon20,
I'm afraid there is no particular age where infants stop having colicks, especially if one or both parents has irritable bowels, and in that case, it may extend well into childhood or even adulthood.
Here are a few tips though, you can try spacing of feeding and frequent eructation during feeding. Also, try laying him on his side following feeds, as that helps release of wind.
If he is bottle fed, always ensure the nipple is covered completely with milk, so as to avoid swallowing of air. Check you use the proper concentration of milk formula, and that it's not too strong.
As for your four year old, he may be a little hyperactive, which is natural in his age. He will also resist discipline. Try bargaining with him, like if he learns his ABCs, he could play more often. If he is still hyperactive and stubborn, then go see a child psychiatrist.
As for your last question, it is unlikely for you to get pregnant within only 4 month of delivery.
 nicholeharmon20 - Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:22 pm

thanks so much for helping me out. i take my 4 year old to the psycogist the 9 of aug.
and i was not pregnant. and the colic has stopped with my 4 moth old thank you so much for your help nicholeharmon20

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here