Question: colic 4month ol and a hyper 4 year old

nicholeharmon20 - Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:07 pm

i was wondering when will colic end cause my 4 month old son has had colic since he was born. its not an everyday thing it comes and goes. he gets gas alot .

and another ? my 4 year old is so hyper i can barley controal him
and he just bouces off the wall and nothing works as disapline and i was wondering if i could have some tip on how to make it better he will not sit down to lear his abc or his 123.thanks any advice would be great
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:47 am

Dear nicholeharmon20,
I'm afraid there is no particular age where infants stop having colicks, especially if one or both parents has irritable bowels, and in that case, it may extend well into childhood or even adulthood.
Here are a few tips though, you can try spacing of feeding and frequent eructation during feeding. Also, try laying him on his side following feeds, as that helps release of wind.
If he is bottle fed, always ensure the nipple is covered completely with milk, so as to avoid swallowing of air. Check you use the proper concentration of milk formula, and that it's not too strong.
As for your four year old, he may be a little hyperactive, which is natural in his age. He will also resist discipline. Try bargaining with him, like if he learns his ABCs, he could play more often. If he is still hyperactive and stubborn, then go see a child psychiatrist.
As for your last question, it is unlikely for you to get pregnant within only 4 month of delivery.
 nicholeharmon20 - Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:22 pm

thanks so much for helping me out. i take my 4 year old to the psycogist the 9 of aug.
and i was not pregnant. and the colic has stopped with my 4 moth old thank you so much for your help nicholeharmon20

|