News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 3 month old with enlarged testicle

worriedmom - Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:04 am

My baby was born with an enlarged left testicle and at first i thought it was just normal swelling of a newborn but i was giving him a bath last week and noticed that the swelling was gone from the right testicle but not the left. It is not just fluid it is hard. his entire testicle is the size of my thumb. I brought him to our family doctor and he set me up with an urologist but the appointment isn't until november. Should I try to get him seen sooner? Is this something I need to have done right away and what could it be? Thanks for all your advice. :cry: :!: :!: :!: Our family doctor said it probably is not a hydrocele, It could be a hernia but he's not sure. The Urologist is supposed to do an ultrasound on it to see what it is exactly and what needs to be done to fix it.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:56 am

Dear worriedmom,
It depends really on what your family doctor thinks it is, since he's the one who's examined it. It would be helpful if you could ask him, then I could guide you from there.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here