Question: 3 month old with enlarged testicle

worriedmom - Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:04 am

My baby was born with an enlarged left testicle and at first i thought it was just normal swelling of a newborn but i was giving him a bath last week and noticed that the swelling was gone from the right testicle but not the left. It is not just fluid it is hard. his entire testicle is the size of my thumb. I brought him to our family doctor and he set me up with an urologist but the appointment isn't until november. Should I try to get him seen sooner? Is this something I need to have done right away and what could it be? Thanks for all your advice. :cry: :!: :!: :!: Our family doctor said it probably is not a hydrocele, It could be a hernia but he's not sure. The Urologist is supposed to do an ultrasound on it to see what it is exactly and what needs to be done to fix it.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:56 am

Dear worriedmom,
It depends really on what your family doctor thinks it is, since he's the one who's examined it. It would be helpful if you could ask him, then I could guide you from there.

|