News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Food Allergies

conradkl - Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:58 pm

I have an eight year old son who has life threatening alleriges to peanuts. At his first allergy testing at 18 months of age, he was also allergic to egg yolk and egg white... During his last allergy testing at age 8, he tested positive to corn, wheat and soybean. He has avoided all forms of egg, egg white, and peanuts. This is truly limiting him food choices. (Food allergies now to: peanuts, egg white, egg yolk, corn, wheat and soybean). Do you have any advice on how to help him eat a variety of foods and continue to stay healthy? I am very worried about him. He is currently underweight (70% in height and 20% in weight) and has difficulty with his stomach. I have now cut out all corn, wheat and soybean products... It is helping somewhat. What is causing all these allergies? Will his list of food allergens continue to grow? How do I help him cope? Any suggestions? The poor kid has never tasted cake, cookies or brownies! Most chocolate has traces of peanuts... so that is also limited. He has a huge amount of air borne allergens also. (dust, dust mites, mold, cockroaches, 4 types of grass, oak, ragweed, dog, cat)
Thank you for your time! You are greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 am

Hello,
You may find the following support group useful:
Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
http://www.foodallergy.org/

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here