News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Golf ball size lumps on 7 year olds legs, HELP!

julian'smom - Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:43 am

Hi, my 7 year old son often gets hard (they almost feel like they are filled with fluid) dark red bumps or lumps that are a little bit smaller than the size of a golf ball on his legs. He always calls them bruises altough he often can't remember how or when he got them, they are always painful & sore to the touch, turn darker in color as they get older & often last for a week or two before going down. Does anyone know what these are or what causes them? Thank you in advance for any help or comments, julian'smom. P.S. Sometimes he cries at night because of severe pain is his legs & I have to rub them for a long time until he falls asleep, my Mom says he is dehydrated but I am not so sure.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:55 am

Dear Julian's mom,
Can you please tell us where exactly on his legs does he get them and whether they are soft and like filled with fluid or blood?
Also, if there is any history of bleeding tendency, him or the family?
 julian'smom - Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:41 pm

He gets the bumps on his shins, they are hard & when I try to push on them a little to see if they give (like fulid) he screams because of the pain. I can't really tell if there is fluid in there or not but they are rather hard, as far as the history in him or either the family, there is none in him & doesn't seem to be any in my family or his fathers'. Thanks for your help, julian'smom
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:25 am

Dear Julian's mom,
Has anyone seen him at all? If not, I suggest you go see an orthopedic surgeon.
This could be one of several things, but I prefer to keep my opinion till someone has a look.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here