Question: there might be something wrong with my sons penis

basketball - Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:42 am

My son is15. A couple of weeks ago he woke up in the middle of the night because he felt a wierd feeling on his penis. When he looked at his penis, he realized that it was because the foreskin had been pulled back. It was kind of wierd, the foreskin was pulled back far enough so he could see the smegma, kind of like when he washes his smegma in the shower. So when he saw it, he came to me and is father,we told him just to clean the smegma push the foreskin back into place... This has been happening to him more recently now, it just happened a couple of days ago. we wanted to know if this is normal or what might be causing it. My theory is that I could be that he gets an erection at night, and some how the foreskin gets pushed back. Please reply if you have any idea, as I am getting worried.
 Michele P, RN - Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:09 am

basketball wrote:My son is15. A couple of weeks ago he woke up in the middle of the night because he felt a wierd feeling on his penis. When he looked at his penis, he realized that it was because the foreskin had been pulled back. It was kind of wierd, the foreskin was pulled back far enough so he could see the smegma, kind of like when he washes his smegma in the shower. So when he saw it, he came to me and is father,we told him just to clean the smegma push the foreskin back into place... This has been happening to him more recently now, it just happened a couple of days ago. we wanted to know if this is normal or what might be causing it. My theory is that I could be that he gets an erection at night, and some how the foreskin gets pushed back. Please reply if you have any idea, as I am getting worried.

The smegma serves asa lubricatator between the foreskin of the penis and the glands, helping with movement between intercourse. Even though he is not having intercourse, and this is most likely erections that he is having (he is only having these symptoms at night I'm assuming by your post), the smegma is prepping itself to do what it feels is its "job", if that makes sense.
I agree with your theory on erections...his age, when it is happenning, the feeling he is having, etc. all fall in place with that.
:)
 LJB - Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:43 pm

I have looked into this situation and i can see only that your son is probably having erections in the night i doubt it is anything to worry about. if you are still unsure i suggest you get your family doctor to take a futher look.

|