News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Lump/s in abdomen

neverland - Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:13 pm

Hello
I am a teenage girl and i keep gettin.hard nonmovable lump/s near the top of my hip bone on my left side. The lump or lumps can only be felt when I lie down, are non tender, cause no bulge, cannot be felt or seen when i stand or cough, and is very large .The lump or lumps occur in a curved L shape above my groin and I can feel various hard surfaces there but can not tell if they are the same thing or seperate because sometimes a part of it can be felt while the other part can't and sometimes it all can be felt and seems one thing. It seems to be in the area where the large intestine is and is kind of the shape. I have had bowel changes. There is no pain and the stool is easy to pass. I believe I had a fever the other night as i wasn't feeling quite right and my face felt hot but did not check with a thermometer and was fine the next morning. I also have enlarged lymph nodes I think 2 clearly felt ones in my neck along with a cluster of them that I can not count also on my neck, three in my groin, and possibly 1 under each armpit but I don't know if the ones under my armpits are lymph nodes or not. They are all hard, not painful, and slightly movable. I have had them for about 2-3 months and more keep popping up and getting larger. I also have had lower back pain for proibabably about 5 months now with no injury and my legs especially my right are now hurting. I am trying to get my mom to set up an appointment with my doctor but haven't shown her my swollen nodes or my lump/s in my abdomen cause I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but I will show my doctor to get her opinion. Is it normal to fell lump/s in this are of your abdomen and what could it be?
PS: I have had no sickneses or infections since the appearance of any of these symptoms.

Thankyou for your time :lol:
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:54 am

Hello,
I'm afraid you'll need to be examined and you'll probably also need an ultrasound. It's difficult to tell just by your description.
 neverland - Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:34 pm

Thankyou for your quick response and I appreciate you taking the time to give advice to me as well as the other people who post in this forum! :lol:

-neverland
 kayofoz - Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:15 pm

can anyone tell me how to post a new question to the group?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here