News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: pulling ears

Archiebald - Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:25 am

Hi, I have question regarding my 2 yr old son, he pulls and presses on his ear liek crazy all day, He has history of chronic ear infections, but has been clear of any all summer, he just got his 2 yr lower molars about amonth ago and he just keeps pulling and pressing both ears like crazy, I have brought him to pediatrician 4 times in the last month and they tell me its probably the upper molars, his ears look great, he wakes at night doing the same thing, I am getting worried that maybe there is something else going on, should I be concerned that it could be his head bothering him? I felt around today and I do not feel any bumps where the molars are due in, Any suggestions? I can't believe molars could cause such discomfort all day and night for a month. Thanks for any feedback!
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:31 am

Dear Archiebald,
It is common for some tooth pain to be referred to the ear through a common nerve supply, which is known as 'referred pain'. The pain associated with teething could appear long before the teeth themselves start to show up.
Is he running a fever, vomiting or not eating well?
 Archiebald - Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:15 am

Thanks for the response, He is eating well, no vomiting, no fever. the ear pulling has been going on for so long that is why I am concerned, he has follow up with ENt on Friday so I will see hoe his ears are looking

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here