Question: 3 year olds skin graph not healing

kabeebabee - Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:41 am

my 3 year old was hit by a car in early Oct. Her foot was degloved. They did skin and muscle graphs. Within weeks we were sent home and about a week later she pulled a piece of skin on the graph about the size of a quarter. It still hasnt healed. It is now about the size of a dime. It is taking forever. The plastic surgeon just said to keep it moist with vaseline and wrap it up. I have been doing it. We go back to the surgeon the 30th of this month. Also how long does it take for the area where they took the graph from to heal completely? Thank you
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:41 pm

User avatar Hi!

I am sorry to say that what we are looking at could be graft failure due to movement of the graft at that particular site. As for the donor site to heal, it could take anywhere from 7 to 21 days to heal if there is no infection or other underlying problems.

In any case, the plastic surgeon would be the best person to comment upon the state of your young one's recovery.

Warm regards,

Bill

|