News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Is it a throat infection?

Andrea359 - Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:18 pm

I have had a cough and a sore throat for about a week and now i have painful lumps behind my ears and my tonsils look swollen and red. Do you think it is a throat infection or something else? I don't know if this has anything to do with it but for a couple of weeks i have had really bad back and neck pains.

Thanx
 DeLWolcott - Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:06 pm

'Tis the season for allergies, colds, flu, etc... Most of the problems you list sound like they could all be associated with post-nasal drip. PND can lead to infection, or sinus blockage. Any combination of these can cause the neck pain, which can/will radiate into the back.

If you feel any hint of fever, please see your physician as this could be a sign of an infection. Could be ears, sinuses, throat or chest. Ask about a possible decongestant to help alleviate the post-nasal drip, and also ask if these symptoms could be caused by seasonal allergies.

Nothing too serious sounding right now, but if you let it progress without any treatment, it can become serious. Take care of yourself!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here