News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Growing taller?

levkiy - Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:03 pm

I am 21 years old and I am 5'8. Is there anything I can do to grow taller; natural or chemical?
[/b]
 Michele P, RN - Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:07 pm

There are growth hormones that are on the market & I'm sure thousands of internet scams for the same. This is something I do NOT suggest your trying. The possible inch or so that they claim you will gain is not worth the health risks included.

You can speak to your doctor about growth hormones but in the meantime, there are some little things that you can do that though they might sound silly, actually DO help in growth or feeling taller at least.

1.Improper posture puts the spine out of alignment, strains the muscles & ligaments of the back, & leads to a loss of height. Stand tall!!!

2. Yoga & Pilates, Inversion, ankle weights, kicking & hanging - these techniques will help you with height & make you physically stronger

3. Knowing about the importance of proper nutrition, as it leads to proper hormonal balance. Find out the nutritional amounts that you should consume w/each meal so that your body will respond positively.

Best of Luck :)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here