Question: pain on shins and toes

angelgee - Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:57 am

Hello I have a question. My daughter is 4 1/2 yrs. and for the past 3 yrs. she's been complaining about pain in her shins. It started off on her shins and now her toes. She wakes up in the middle of the night crying of pain. We give her some motrin and sometimes wrap her shins and put a little ben-gay on it. We've been seeing doctors and ran test to see what it could be. At first the doctor thought it could have been juvenile rheumatory but that came back neg. We've done X-rays and nothing. Now that she's getting older I've noticied that her pain is now moving down. I'm thinking of taking her to see more doctors and run more test to find out this problem.
What do you think this could be? Please help.

Thanks,
Gloria
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:04 pm

Have you checked her serum calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase levels?
 angelgee - Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:52 am

Thank you for responding to my post. I don't know what the doctor's test were. I know they ran a test for rheumatory and nothing came up. The X-rays had nothing either. I would have to ask her doctor if they can run those to see. It's been 2 years and nothing has been found to determine the problem.

|