Question: Mucus

Debbier - Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:13 pm

My son is 2, for the last month he has had a runny nose that will not stop, it had a green tint to it and its everyday. Is this normal?
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:39 am

This is probably an allergic rhinitis, provided there is no fever, and the mucous is not thick and opaque.
You may wish to check with your doctor to find out the cause of allergy, such as pollen grains, house dust mites, ...etc
 Debbier - Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:17 pm

The mucus is thick, his nose does not run like a faucet but he has mucus all day, by opague do you mean not clear? because it is a thick whitsh tinted mucus sometime has a tlittle green color to it
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:34 am

Two questions: is there fever, and have you been using nasal decongestants?
 Debbier - Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:48 am

No fever, I only used decongestant a few days with little improvement. I am going to make an appt with peditrician just to have it loooked at for allergies

|