News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: 11-yr. old daughter with lump on bottom of rib cage

sam61 - Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 pm

My 11-yr. old daughter has a lump on the bottom of her left side rib cage. She says it hurts just below her rib cage where the lump is hardest. The lump moves with her rib cage as if it's attached to her rib cage. I do plan to take her to the doctor in 2 days (the only appt. they had). Does anyone have any input?
Thanks
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:33 am

It could be the result of any inflammatory process of the bone of the ribcage. I suggest you give Motrin or Brufen till you see the doctor.
 sam61 - Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:41 am

Thank you Dr. Ismail - I was able to get an appointment today. I will post after she's been seen and let others know what her pediatrician suggests/does.
Sabina
 sam61 - Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:34 pm

an update on my daughter's lump. The nurse practicioner who saw her today said that it is most likely a callous forming on the cartilage that connects her bottom two ribs. My daughter is a gymnast, and when working on the unevern parallel bars, bumps against the bar with her stomach/bottom of the rib cage while doing moves. The practicioner said she has seen this before, so I'm not worried. It doesn't cause any pain, and doesn't get in the way of anything, so I'm good with this!
Sabina

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here