News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Pediatrics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pediatrics Answers List

Forum Name: Pediatric Topics

Question: Please help me....

autumn_odist - Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:39 pm

I need help with my son.I am at my wits end.My son is 5 and goes to the bathroom like a normal 5y old except when it comes to pooping.He keeps useing the bathroom in his pants.i have lookd at his bottom checking for any redness or sign of something happening back there.I watch him all the time and it's like he just does not want to go to the restroom when he is busy playing.Now it is happening at school I have no clue to why it is happening we have no changes in our lives ever.i never leave him alone with any one other then at school(only cause they wont let me sit in the class with him..lol)I really have no clue as to how to stop him.We cant go any where cause he does it any where we go. Please help us.
 Dr. Heba Ismail - Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:01 am

It is not uncommon for children who have been toilet trained and continent for a while to suddenly revert to old habits of soiling their clothes, and most often this cannot be explained.
Often, it is regarded as a retaliation against order and parental control. But the condition is usually temporary.
However, it is preferable if you speak with a child psychiatrist, for fear of a more serious underlying psychological problem.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here