Question: Sweat profusely after doing blow all day

ziggy1524 - Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:23 am

I have not done durgs much and I am Sweat profusely after doing blow all day - should I be concerned.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:02 pm

In humans, impaired heat dissipation is considered to be a major mechanism by which cocaine elevates core body temperature. Healthy, cocaine-naive persons undergo passive heating, to even small dose of intranasal cocaine.This is believed to be due to
- impaired sweating and
- cutaneous vasodilation (the primary autonomic adjustments to thermal stress) and heat perception.
Some studies have indicated that in addition to increased metabolism, impaired thermoregulatory responses contribute to the elevation in temperature associated with cocaine use.
These thermoregulatory alterations are suspected to be central in origin.
Therefore, you should consult your regular doctor who, after examining you may be in a position to refer you to the appropriate specialist.