Question: Pill Identification

golfsarge1 - Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:58 am

REcently began to suffer Migranes. Friend who suffers for years gave me round white pill 1/4 " diameter with the marking M on one side and 4 on the other.
What is this?
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:06 pm

User avatar based on the information you have provided, i believe that this white rounded tablet, with imprints M in one side and 4 in the other side is hydromorphone 4 mg tablets. manufactured by Mallinckrodt Inc Pharmaceuticals Group

Hope that help, if you have missed any important informations that will help with further identification, let me know, as many drugs can come in 4 mg.
again according to your description it is hydromorphone 4 mg tablet.
thank you
 peterb - Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:11 am

I was cleaning out my medicine cupboard and found a several pills that are white, round, approx 1/2' across with a line through the center on one side and the numbers 0636 on the other side. I've tried the online pill identifiers with no luck. It could possibly be something for my back pain but i'm not sure. I think these got put in an empty container of my oxycocet i had because the other container was broken. Or it could possibly be one of my sons diabetes pills or my wifes high blood pressure pills.
ThankYou in advance for your help.
 peterb - Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:24 pm

Did ipost in the right spot above or was i supposed to start a new thread somehow?

Someone please let me know.
 peterb - Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:43 pm

See above posts about pill identification.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:07 am

User avatar Peterb I do not know what pill you are describing, however, I feel it is very important to tell Golfsarge you shoul dnever take pills that havent been prescribed to you. You should never share pills or take anything someone gave you, espicially since you do not even know what this pill is.
The dosage may not be right for you, or you may be allergic, or the pill your friend gave you might not even be the right medication for yoru problem.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:14 am

User avatar Dear Peterb,

Gracie is correct in her statement on taking medications that aren't currently prescribed for you. Even old medications can cause problems, especially if they happen to combine with something you may be on now. Here is the info on the pill you are looking for:

Canada Trade Name Endocet (Percocet) is a white tablet that is scored on one side and imprinted on the other with 0636. It contains 5mg oxycodone and 325mg of acetaminophen active ingredients.

|