Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: doctor that can give me an awnser? I am worried about lumps

AndreaIrwin - Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:42 am

About 2 years ago, I got this infection on my tonsils(white stuff that just coated them) and was painful. I did not go to a doctor because of insurance. It finally went away. About a year or so ago, I kept feeling this knot like( I presume swollen) glands on both sides of my neck(If I tilt my head back and rub my fingers about half and inch under my jaw on the side of the throat, I felt that it wasnt normal. I also noticed I was sneezing every morning and I got this bad Cough and I would Cough up yellow/green stuff until I moved out, we did have tons of cats and weird mold that would grow in the house, and when I moved out I felt better and the lumps went down. Ever since then I do still get pieces of white stuff on my tonsils and the lumps seem to have gone down except one, it is a smidge larger...but it still is a lot smaller than it was. I was afraid I could have cancer, but from what I have read on here, it seems to be more of an UNTREATED infection(which I hope that is what it is) or maybe abnormal glands that I shouldnt worry about. I am 8 months pregnant and I have had my blood tested twice and everything seemed to be ok. I am not sick and have No symptoms of cancers. I really need some Help to find awnsers. Please help, so I can have some relief. Thank you
Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi AndreaIrwin,
Although I am not a physician, please view my response in your other post under "Other Infections swollen gland"
Click here!

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.