Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: I have a hole in/on my ear, fluids come out...

twitch418 - Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:27 pm

I am 29, female I don't have a doctor, I have no insurance.

my question is, I have a 'hole' on/in my ear, it is NOT in my eardrum, it is on the surface. when I eat hot food, sometimes it 'leaks fluid'. also, there is fluid that comes out randomly. the fluid is mainly clear. sometimes it is a little thicker, mucousy and cloudy. rarely, and evenmore odd, is I can squeeze the area around it and a firmer 'body fluid' comes out, like the filling of a Acne pimple. I can stick an earring in it slightly, to the point where it will stay in there if I take my hand away. I have looked for what this is, and I can't find it anywhere. it doesn't heart, it does swell sometimes.

any ideas?

Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:37 am

Hi twitch418,
In most states there are programs and clinics that provide health access to people whom are not insured or are underinsured based on income, need, etc. I am unclear on the location of the ear you are referring to (earlobe, location-outer structure of the ear) etc. If the contents are foul smelling, have a cheesey appearance etc. this may be related to an Epidermoid Cyst. I encourage you to have the area in which you speak of evaluated by a physician.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.