doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Swelling in the nasal area

meroney - Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:09 am

I have a what looks like a swelling mucel of some sort in my right nasal, it looks realy big, what is this?
alisonm - Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:11 am

Sometimes allergies will cause swelling in the upper bridge of the nose, do you think this could be the case?
Kirsty_Oz - Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:15 pm

does it cause pain? have you notice a reduction in your ability to smell? does it slightly fluctuate in size? do you sneeze more often?

if you answered yes to all but the first one it sounds what I have.... its not dangerous but if it gets obstructive it can be removed- however it does grow back. I have been told that a contributing factor is where I live....
(melbourne, australia)
meroney - Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:42 pm

well I didnt notice it till last night, but my allergies have been crazy since im 5 months pregnant and cannot take my medicine.

I have been sneezing like crazy and stuffy all night and the dryness makes my nose bleed everyday and that is why I was looking up my nose last night

was to see how irritated it looked when I noticed on the right side what looked like a swollen mucel chunk in my view

it doesnt look normal
Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:47 am

Dear Meroney,

Nasal congestion and stuffiness are very common with pregnancy. If you are not experiencing any nasal blockages or difficulty breathing, I would recommend that you call your doctor now and let him/her know about it and see whether he/she would like to see you now or wait till next visit to take a look at it, but your doctor has to be notified about this and the daily bleeding.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge. com and I hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M. D.
meroney - Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:30 pm

I Just wanted to say Thanks, THis is Great! I feel much better since I've been here, I have a Doctor appointment the 30th to find the gender of my baby, and I will talk to my doctor then. :D

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.