Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Rhinoplasty malpractice...or silicon rejection?

thati - Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:09 am

Hi, I had rhinoplasty last year 2003 but after a year it start swelling and hurting my surgeon give me anti biotics, the swelling will disappear but come back after taking the anti biotic. I take Antibiotics for almost 2 months but none of it work, he doesnt want to remove it coz he said he doest think its infected, he said maybe just an irritation. But having my nose swelling on and off for 2 months I give up and ask him to just remove it. After he remove it insist that there's no sign of infection at all and there's no pas inside it. Can I still have rhinoplasty again or my body is really rejecting the silicon? How long should I wait to have another surgery? I will appreciate your help. Thanks!
Dr. Russell M - Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:50 am

I am no plastic surgeon, but I read that a minor swelling that can continue for several months is a specific risk to rhinoplasty surgery.

Can you still have rhinoplasty? Is your body rejecting silicon? How long should you wait to have another surgery? These are questions only your surgeon would be able to answer in all earnest, and I regret I cannot be of more help.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.