Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: Chapped Lips? Bumps

rsmo77 - Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:39 pm

Its been a week and I had this one bump on my upper lip, it was also on my lower lip but alot smaller with a white dot. The bump on the lower lip hurt everytime I smiled and I thought it would be chapped lips. Then the upper lip got a lil bigger and its been there ever since, now it looks like its moved to the other side of my upper lip. There is no puss or any fluid inside, it is just a bump. I've used chapstick medicated to see if that would help but it seems like its taken too long to get rid of. What could it be?
Game Over - Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:31 am

My sister actually had a condition like that just a week ago, medicines do work, but usually just num it for a while but don't get rid of it, try staying away from warm foods and drinks even know it is freezing outside, try drinking and eating more cool foods, watermelon is especially helpful
angelstation65 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:46 pm

I just started coming down with these translucent bumps on my lower lip. It started out just as a sore from having chapped lips, then it turned into multiple little clear liquid holding bumps. I don't know what they are and I don't know what to do about them. I would like to find a way to get rid of them because in my job I work around a lot of people. I don't want to weird them out or have to worry about the way I look. Does anybody have any pointers?

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.