Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: P[b]LEASE HELP! Having [/b]problems throat, chest

mdonohue - Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:03 pm

I need serious help. I scheduled a drs appointment but it's not until a couple of days. Ever since yesterday am, when I wa easting breakfast, I felt like I had swalloed too quick or I didn't chew my food, So there was a BIG lump in my throat (couldn't tell if it had been there since I woke up or was what I was eating) I thought all day it would go away and it didn't. It felt like there was a huge lump in my throat, like I was about to cry or something was stuck. No trouble breathing or eating, however, food does hurt a little as it goes down. Today, it's been worse. I still feel like there is a lump, food hurts, but now there is this major Chest pain along with it. I have never had any past problems with my heart, I just had a physcal and I am in top shape, I don't smoke, occasionally drink, and I've never had any problems with ulcers, Heartburn etc. I also feel OK otherwise, no sore throat or cold. I am seriously scared, I am in pain and I jsut downed some tums with no help. I am only 28, I shouldn't have anything like this. PLEASE HELP!!! What could this be????
Dr. Russell M - Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:06 pm

A lump in the throat could be due to some infection, inflammation, or even Anxiety disorders. You will need to get yourself examined to determine possible causes.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.