Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Eye Bubble

ASHAS - Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:05 pm

Ok I do not really know how to explain this but it has been going on almost 3 years now. I will get blurry vision a lot but it is not like I will just be sitting there and I cannot see. My eyes will be fine and then all of a suden one eye will get blurry and I will rub it and it will go away. Sometimes when I expernice this I will look in the mirror and I can atually see the goo or culmp of gel looking suff in my eyeif I pull it out it goes away but it does it at last 3 times a day in each eye. It started right after my son was born almost 3 years ago. I have been to see a nerologist because I was also having headachs and he diagnoised me with a condtion called psetdotumor cerbral I think it means fliud on the brain. I have had my eyes checked 4 months ago and everything looked ok then. I AM only 22 years of age and do not know why this is going on. Please help!
Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:59 am

I'm glad to hear you have had a recent eye exam. Since you describe a "goo or gel" like substance in your eye, have you asked your doctor about using any eye drops to see if that would help?
ASHAS - Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:03 am

Well I have not be in a couple of months but thanks for giving me the idea I will ask him about the eye drops next time.
Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:09 am

Your welcome Ashas :)
Providing you are not having any other problems, eye drops may help thin the secretions so they don't get "clumped up"

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.