Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: Challege For Med Students or Docs

supertech20845 - Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:57 am

I am a Medical Technologist. I have been taking fluoxitine for 1 and 1/2 years. In the last six months I have recently been extreemly tired regadless of how much sleep I get. I have run cortisols, thyroids, CBCs, mono, and everything else I can think of. I don't know what is wrong. All my test are normal and I exercise regularly, but I am so tired I hardly get a shower everyday. My family doctor has no clue what is wrong. Any ideas?
Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:58 am

Can you tell me if there has been any changes in your life over the past six months. For instance, have you taken on additonal work, or increased your level of responsibility? Have your eating habits changed? Have you experiences additonal stresses that you didnt have before? Stress and tension takes a huge toll on the body and can cause extreme fatigue. Often the things that cause stress come on gradually so that we do not realize how much stress we are under. How do you sleep at night? Do you experience any pain in the joints or muscles? People tend to always look for a physical disease that causes fatigue and forget that often it is the mental stresses of life that wears the body down. Let me know about these things and perhaps we can narrow it down to one or two possibilities.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.