Powered by

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Forum Archives

Primary Care

Other Sections

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Lazy Blind Eye

OverklockedKarma - Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:48 am

I was wondering if there were any exercises I could do with my right eye. It's legally blind and used to look inward. I had surgery when I was 5 or 6 to fix it and it now looks outward. What could I do to try and correct this? I've read some exercises that include patches, but I can only do this for short periods of time because I walk into stuff and I can't really do much without my good eye. There are a few things I can do, because I'm not completely blind, but I would ony do this sort of thing if there was any chance of it helping. Any help/suggestions?
Dr. Russell M - Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:17 am

Your ophthalmologist would be the best person to help you with guidance for eye exercises that might be useful in your particular condition. Exercise may not benifit every case of lazy eye, and some kinds are helped by exercise and others are not. An ophthalmologist would be able to help decide on that.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.