doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Nutrition & Diet

Question: can I hide it?

nobody - Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:32 am

I need to get something from my doc to help with stomach pain, but I need to know before I go- will he be able to tell that I have been starving and taking diet pills by doing whatever routine exam is needed for the stomach pain? I am not underweight, is there any reason he would catch on?
Emerald - Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:20 am

Dear Nobody,
There is no point in hiding this from you doctor. I will recommend you to fully explain your doctor all medicines you are taking and also that you are starving. The pain is probably due to these reasons and if you hide them from your doctor , he will not be able to treat you at the fullest.
I don't think he can judge right away from you physical exam what you have been taking or anything. But he might ask you questions like any medicine you are taking etc. You will have to tell him anyway.
Don't work havoc with you health.
Do tell about the progress.
Take Care.
nobody - Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:33 am

I understand I cause my own pain. I'm afraid I need to keep the cause to myself. I just need to lose a little more before I stop. thank you for taking the time to reply.
Glitzy - Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:47 am

I assume the stomach pains are caused from lack of food. Starving is the worst diet to choose because it completely slows down your metabolism, you need food for energy and nutrition. Excercise regularly and eat healthy or your favorite foods at a controlled portion. When you starve your body it will hold onto everything it has for survival because it thinks there is no food. My metaphor: If you don't put gas into your car, you're car will stop working.
Eating breakfast (healthy) is the BEST thing you can do b/c it jump kicks your metabolism, eat light and healthy, excercise portion control. Drinking Green Tea works wonders for your body as well. I usually buy my Green Teas from Stop&Shop which provides many tasty flavors such as blueberry, strawberry/orange, lemon/lime, etc. Green Tea AIDS in weight loss, heals the body faster from colds/wounds and is full of antioxidants. You can also drink it before bed and you'll find yourself waking up feeling lighter. Like with my metaphor with the car you NEED to fuel your body. When I was in highschool I would starve myself too to lose weight which is the last thing you want to do so I'm telling you I can relate that is why I giving you advice due to personal experience.
fat2swole - Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:57 am

I agree with the person above me. starving yourself is not the answer.

no im not a doctor but I do know what im talking about since I have lost a little over 100 lbs in a year.

the internet has tons of information, different diets, logs, anything and everything that can and will help you achieve your goal the correct way. you are also able to communicate with other people who have been down the road or are currently on the road to changing their lifestyle.

for starters, you might want to visit http://forum. bodybuilding. com/index. php? , its one of the largest, well known fitness forum on the internet today. I garentee you will be able to find out everything you need to know about proper dieting, and you WILL get BETTER results then the results you're getting now.

send to a friend

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.