Powered by


                    Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Health Questions

   News via RSS






   Forum Archives






















   Primary Care






   Other Sections


   Research Tools

   Medical Tutorials

   Medical Software




The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Primary Care Answers List

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: should I seek MD?

sinphara - Wed May 14, 2003 9:51 pm

A few days ago I was using my tounge to get food from my teeth when something felt like it snapped. Shortly thereafter a lump swelled on the side of my throat that only lasted about an hour. Two days later (yesterday) the lump came back out of nowhere and has not gone away. When I talk or try to eat my thoat feels like it wants to shut. It is painful, and I have been forced to intake only liquids since yesterday. Will this go away or should I see a doctor? Any remedies to suggest? Thank you#Sinphara
Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu May 15, 2003 2:09 am

Dear Sinphara,

I think that somebody has to take a look at your throat.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge. com

Yasser Mokhtar, M. D.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

send to a friend

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a doctor or a nurse?

Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?

Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.

Click on the link below to see the requirements:

Doctors Lounge Membership Application




We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 The Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.